Monday, June 28, 2010

Yet Another French Film

I know, I know.. I promised that I watch main stream movies from time to time and I DO I REALLY DO! 
However, this weekend I did not get a chance to see "Eat Pray Love" do to it's August 13th release date, a small dent in my weekend plans. Jean Michelle and I saw "Coco and Igor" instead at the Paris Theater and had such an incredible evening... pictures to come later tonight!
 "Coco and Igor" was quite a facinating picture, painting Coco in a much different light than the other films I have seen. She was depicted as a very manipulative, strong, independent woman who used her fame and her fortune to get what she wanted out of a man, shortly after the death of her one true love. From the biographies I have read, it is a much truer depiction than the glorified Coco, we all know and admire.
Nonetheless, "Coco and Igor" was a stunning film, well worth the $13 if only for the wardrobe, the interiors and the brilliantly beautiful sound track of Igor Stravinsky's music that takes on a life of it's own and adds a riveting dimension to the film. 






No comments:

Post a Comment