Thursday, June 3, 2010

Doors are being shut... windows are waiting to be opened



Hello Blog world... 
I received some devastating news the other night. A huge door in my Africa plans was shut.
 Yesterday, I decided I needed a break from Africa planning and took the day off of even thinking about it. 
I needed a moment to release all of my ideals and schemes to make this trip come to fruition. 
My day turned out to be a sorely needed gasping breath of fresh air. 
The news delivered, told me I am no longer able to travel to Burundi with my dear friend Nizi and stay with her at the orphanage, as planned. 
It has been two years of dreaming up this trip. It all started with Nizi, she was the reason and the draw to Africa. I wanted to see the land and meet the people that she came from. I longed to walk through this time of remembrance with her and listen to her dreams for the future. 
Alas, plans have changed and I am left confused and wondering what to do with my July and where to go from here. The connections I have made with Burundi and Kenya have been so sudden and seemingly divine, I still sense a draw to go. 
However, there have not been any other open doors thus far for the first leg of my journey. 
Where to go from here you may ask? 
I feel as if I am supposed to wait. There is no time left to wait, but wait I must. And trust I must,
 trust all will be made clear in the perfect time...
...even though time seems to be running out.

When one doors shuts a window will open... right?




3 comments:

Laura said...

LOVE your blog, missy! Makes me want to fire mine up again! OK, that is devastating news about the closed door. I'm sorry, but it is. Nizi is one of my favorite people in the world with her exuberance and love and inner/outer beauty! And you're the other one. I thought it sounded like a beautiful pairing to bring to Burundi. Ah well, Lord knows, we must trust. Praying for you my beauty. Mwah! L.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. Yes...we wait for the windows. In a sense, I am in the same window-waiting myself :) Love you very much.

JRenee said...

You both are so sweet. Thank you for the encouragement.

Laura, what? You have a blog? I love it! Seriously FIRE A WAY!

Post a Comment