Wednesday, June 2, 2010

More Brooklyn Love


See below: 
A lovely poem that strikes me every time.  Written by,


Brooklyn||NY||Manhattan


Awake, I rise and see in front of me


my


new
york
city.
Stunning in grandeous beauty and glowing in anticipation of the hugs streaming in from neighboring towns.
The city,
the city
the city... yearns to be loved.
Perfectly spaced inside the 11 by 8 foot frame a top a castle tower in the sky
I am mesmerized and inspired by your possibilities.
Awake, I walk out the door and into you my dear dear brooklyn.
Fresh in your winds that cover me,
I submerge myself in your love and allow you to cleanse my armor.
As I walk to your tunnel, I see the familiarity of Junior's and brooklyn's sweet sweet demeanor.
my guard let down,
my heart smiles.
Protected, I bask in the moment.
My lil'vessel transports me
in
and up
and out on to the bridge.
Connecting me to my city as


queues up in my ear and new york city devours me.
It is a love hate with you new york city.
You push me
to bring change
but
brooklyn
pulls
me
home.
To the familiarity and solidairty of roots.
my roots.
my cultura.
my patria.
Typed into my birth, I read
Glenmore avenue,
east new york,
jewish hospital of brooklyn
Typed into my present I read
Manhattan Avenue,
upper west side,
property of columbus circle sunsets, central park sunrises.
Save me.
Choose me.

next stop, 42nd street Times square


I gasp in the internal dialogue that consumes me as I walk out.


4 stops off De Kalb, 20 minutes and I am in the thick of it.



Out of submersion I hear you say
But where?


where


my
new
york
city?
is it you
or is it Brooklyn
that
calls
me

home?



On this crisp morning in April I'll never know
but tattooed into my skin that bears the signs of your brass air


i read.

I AM NY and NY is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment