Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Travel Agents and Storage Units

AFRICA Update! 
Soooo... it's been a hell of a week and it is only TUESDAY!

I was so happy to have FINALLY gotten a hold of the dear travel agent who has been so inundated by the Wold Cup travelers that he hasn't had a second to return any of my calls or emails.. until yesterday! So now I  am in the middle of discussions with him to plan my trip. 

I will officially be staying the month of August in Mozambique working with Could You? 
(More on that to come.. soooo excited)
Then four days of Sept. in Johannesburg, South Africa to debrief from our trip...
Then 2-3 months in Cape Town South Africa depending on what I decide to do. 
One of those months or any period of time, really.. could be spent in Burundi. 

I will be working with a Burundian couple who have planted several churches, started schools and orphanages and are now working on an educational center for women. I am still discussing with them, but am thinking they may have been my reason for going to Burundi after all! 
I love the concept of supporting Africans to care for their own people and their own land. 
However, I feel I will learn more from them than they could learn from me. 

I have also been researching storage units for the time I am gone and pulling my hair out at the prices. It costs an arm and a leg to store stuff in Manhattan. Considering the fact that I do not have a drivers license, I think I will pick the place around the block from me and pay what I need to pay for the convenience. 
Done and done!

Here I go.. I am going to AFRICA!

 





ffffound.com

No comments:

Post a Comment