Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Speaking of French Films...

The Father of My Children
A french film I saw a few inches back... it's taken me this long to let the narrative settle in. 
The Father of My Children, was a film that has stuck with me and has kept me ruminating over and over. 
A touching full film reeling with emotion; the film maker, Mia Hansen-Love, took her time to establish this beautiful story of a family and the role of the father there-in. Although, this film is not for the faint of heart, it is a stunning portrayal of the love and duty of a father, that is caught in between pressures due to deep kept secrets and a failing business. The portraits of Paris and the social commentary of success very well take on a character of their own, beginning and ending the film. I highly recommend you see this film if you are willing to be taken to the depths of your own soul, family establishment and ideas of accomplishment. 
Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment