Friday, June 11, 2010

Whirlwind week coming to a close...

This week of wonder is coming to a close, in the last seven days I have discovered I will no longer be going to  Africa next month, I will be removed from my home at the end of next month and will be returning to the city without hut or home. 
Thus begins the process of saying goodbye. 
I have been telling my neighbors my news and news travels fast. They have all been full of frowny faces and everyone seems so forlorn. It's been heart breaking and after such a spinning whirlwind the realization of this transition has started to hit me...
I am soon to pack up my life, put it in storage and take myself to Africa for an unknown amount of time, only to return without knowledge of what will next be my home, job or community. More transition that I had been anticipating brings me great excitement and much need to mourn this loss. 
There will be a loss, although a loss filled with hope for the future. 
Who knows what is to become of us all.

I will spend the weekend pondering my current station in life, looking back over the past and ahead to the future. I hope you enjoy yours as well. 

peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment