Friday, June 4, 2010

Nesting

I have moved 5 times in 5 years and have been in my current apartment for 2 of those years. 
Dreaming of home and what that means to me, I have longed for a space to make my own. 
Sharing a bedroom and incredibly small spaces with lots of people, has not left me much room to make anything my own. 
However, my dear, gorgeous roommate just left me and Manhattan to call Brooklyn her home. 
This gaping space in my life and my home has given me the room to nest. 
With the help of friends I have spread out all my belongings, gone through every one.. tossing and dusting.. cleaning out my space and scrubbing dirt and dust laden floors.
This work I've put in has finally made it mine! 
Soon to paint the walls and arrange my belongings.. I feel so at peace in the process. 
I very well may be moving within the year.. but feel so good making a space my own. 
A very dear friend will be subletting my bedroom while I am in Africa and I love making a pretty little nest for her to share for the summer months!





No comments:

Post a Comment