Monday, June 7, 2010

Wondrous Weekend

The weekend graced me with Brooklyn calling me back and greeting me with gorgeous brunching girls, family food festivals, promenade walks at sunset and days spent in bed. 



Thank you, Jesus for a glorious ham egg and cheese croissant for under $6.00.. 
gotta love Brooklyn Brunches.



The Lebanese Festival is a tradition every year. I visit lovely Joy and Ian at their gorgeous apartment in Brooklyn Heights and we go together. This year I brought my dear Ashley along and we had such a wonderful time! 
For those of you who don't know, I am Lebanese and felt so strangely at home with my people. The food was such a comfort to me and the oddly familiarity was warming to my soul. 
Maybe next year, you can join us. 
info here



Dear adorable, goofy guy that took this picture, 
I know you thought we were a tourist family from England, but we are not. We actually are not related and Joy and Ian have New Zealand Accents.. not English. But, thanks for being chatty and hysterical. Maybe we will see you again next year!







The Brooklyn Promenade was breathtaking as the sun went down. 


Yesterday, I spent the day in bed, resting, letting the warm breeze relax me.. watching the second half of Jane Eyre (EXQUISITE!) and then reading the last several chapters of the book and swooning all day. A lovely, relaxing sabbath.. exactly what I needed to start my week.

4 comments:

Soul Sonnets said...

i love you girls. good weekend indeed.

Ashley said...

my my my. This was one of those perfect and forever memorable summer Saturdays in New York City, my first memorable Saturday in Brooklyn. :)

Thank you for spending it with me!

JRenee said...

LOVED spending it with you! Beware.. there will be more!

Abby said...

I loved it too! Brooklyn makes me giddy...

Post a Comment